The mission of the Arkansas Public School Resource Center is to support the improvement of public education by providing advocacy services on behalf of public schools with a special emphasis on charter schools and rural districts.
APSRC is a service-oriented, nonprofit membership organization that offers technical support, resources and training. Our full-time and highly trained staff provide assistance in five main areas:
- Legal Services
- Financial Analysis and Management
- Teaching and Learning
Membership in APSRC is open to charter schools, rural school districts, educational cooperatives and educationally related entities and businesses. To apply for membership, please call 501.492.4300 with any questions or requests for assistance in the membership application process.
This school year, we introduced several new endeavors and enhanced services. Those include:
- A partnership with Arvest that will allow our member schools and districts to obtain Visa Purchasing Cards that allow for cashback opportunities
- Trainings on best practices in the use of P-cards
- An expanded array of bookkeeping services provided by our Finance Department
- Specialized legal trainings and policy advice, particularly where the laws enacted in 2017 are concerned
- CFAM 2.0, per the request of many superintendents and bookkeepers (CFAM is a financial tool that allows you to create and view an immediate “snapshot” of both trends and potential trouble spots.)
- New and updated PD trainings designed by both our Teaching and Learning Department and Above and Beyond the Core coaches
- A new Novice Teacher Mentoring Program for charter schools
- Special education support services in the areas of IEPs, law and due process, and best practices