Who is Red Comet?
Red Comet is an APSRC digital learning provider; a nationally accredited digital education solutions company; and an approved digital education provider in the state of Arkansas. They offer various education solutions to facilitate education for K-12 including over 300+ courses in Core, Electives, AP, CTE, and Credit Recovery. New this year, Red Comet has added 3 more education solutions: Content Only, Concurrent Credit, and Synchronous “Live” Teacher-Led courses. Its mission is to create a social and economic impact on society through education.
Digital learning options available through Red Comet
- Content only program – schools/districts can choose this option and use their own teachers to facilitate the instruction. This option can be used for “in-school” and remote/virtual programs. Both students and teachers will have access to the Learning Management System/Platform (LMS). Teachers can facilitate instruction and grade student activities on the LMS. Teachers will have access to customize the curriculum as they see fit to meet their school /district needs. Red Comet will provide and assist with all operational support.
- Teacher-led (asynchronous/self-paced) program – schools/districts can choose this option when the schools are short of teachers. Our courses come with a state-certified teacher. Red Comet teachers assist with grading and answering questions from the students. Red Comet teachers will have set office hours and the students can use these hours for consultation. Red Comet will provide operational support and send performance reports on a weekly basis (or as per request by the school). The students engage in these self-paced courses to complete the curriculum. While they are self-paced, the school chooses the start and end dates.
- ALE program – Schools can enroll students in the Red Comet asynchronous program. Red Comet teachers will facilitate this “teacher-led” effort. Red Comet teachers will assist with grading and answering student questions. Red Comet will send updates/reports to the teacher coordinator at the school.
- Credit Recovery program – students needing partial credit can be enrolled in this program. Schools can customize the curriculum as needed for the student to complete the curriculum. Schools can leverage the formative assessments or pre-tests available in the curriculum to identify gaps in learning that students need to complete.
- Teacher-led (synchronous) program – schools/districts can choose this option when schools need a teacher to facilitate the instruction on a daily or weekly basis – just like an “in-school” classroom instruction but remote. At a scheduled block of time (60-90 minutes), the teacher will engage in instruction using google meet or zoom. Students who are registered in that class will participate in the meeting. The teachers will assist with grading and answering questions. The students complete the coursework as per the recommended schedule on the LMS.
- Courses require a minimum of 10 students; with a maximum of 25 students.
- Enrollments are due 45 days prior to the class start date.
- Concurrent Credit – offering 25 dual credit courses that can be used for both high school and college credit.
To view the Course Catalog or see more information on concurrent course offerings click the buttons below.
- Red Comet’s technical support team will collaborate with the school/district’s team throughout the partnership. The technical support team shall respond to student needs and requests for support with technology.
- Red Comet maintains ongoing communication with the school/district staff throughout the partnership, including weekly reporting of student progress and cumulative grade performance at the end of the semester.
- Red Comet will provide free PD once, quarterly. These PD’s will help students, teachers, and administrators get comfortable with the learning management platform.
Learning Management Platforms
- Buzz (Default)
Content Only Pricing
|Student License, Unlimited Number of Courses||$290||$340|
|Credit Recovery Program (Unlimited Number of Courses)
Teacher-Led (Asynchronous, Self-Paced)
|Core Course||Full Year||$280||$300|
|AP Course||Full Year||$315||$335|
|Concurrent Credit Course||Full Year||$325||$345|
|Credit Recovery Course (course includes VR modules for learning)||Semester||$145||$155|
|Credit Recovery Course (course includes VR modules for learning)||Full Year||$240||$260|
|Middle School Course||Full Year||$290||$310|
|Middle School Course
Teacher-Led (Synchronous Live Instruction)
|Note Additional Teacher Rate Below||Member||Non-Member|
|Semester Course, Per Student||$160||$170|
|Full Year Course, Per Student||$280||$300|
|CTE Semester Course, Per Student||$270||$280|
|Core/Elective Teacher Per Hour Rate||$60||$60|
|CTE/STEM Teacher Per Hour Rate||$75||$75|
To enroll students in Red Comet courses please contact Joie Ketcham.