Arkansas Ready for Digital Learning
APSRC, in partnership with the Arkansas Department of Education and Lincoln Learning Solutions, has launched a statewide online learning resource to serve all Arkansas schools for the 2020-21 school year. This resource provided at no cost to schools includes:
- School administrators can indicate interest in participating by completing the Participation Form to the right.
- Lincoln Learning course content is accessed from the Buzz Learning Management System (LMS) or can be uploaded onto a school’s own licensed LMS if compatible.
- There are two options to work with Google Classroom and Lincoln Learning course content on the Buzz LMS:
- You can upload Google documents (content created in Google Classroom, for example) into the Buzz LMS platform with the Lincoln Learning content.
- You can download Lincoln content into Google Classroom.
- See FAQs for more information.
- Students without internet access can have PDF lessons downloaded onto a device, and schools will have access to PDFs of worksheets and other assignments (including assessments) that can be printed for those students.
- Teachers will be given access to a vast digital library on the Lincoln LMS (Buzz) that will serve as a resource for searchable content/learning objects (specific instructions are included in the teacher training).
- Information about Lincoln Learning, including course catalogs, sample course schedules, and teacher training materials and videos can be found via this link: http://info.lincolnlearningsolutions.org/apsrc
Tutorials for Admins and Points of Contact
- Navigating the BUZZ LMS as an Admin (10:00)
- Adding an Admin User Account (4:21)
- Unlocking a Locked User Account (1:15)
- Deleting a User Account (3:24)
- Assigning a Building Role to an Existing User Account (4:10)
- How an Admin Can Use the Proxy Feature to View Course Details (5:13)
- Creating a Shell Course and Manually Adding Enrollments (10:34)
AR Ready for Digital Learning Train the Trainer (Recorded Aug. 20, 2020)
For district-level “Point of Contacts” that are unable to attend the LIVE “Train the Trainer” session provided at their local education service cooperative(s).
Technical Updates for Buzz and Lincoln Learning
Please review this document if you have questions regarding account access, restoring deleted items, adding Google Drive documents into the Buzz LMS, and more.
Please complete this form indicating your school district’s interest in participating in the Arkansas Ready for Digital Learning opportunity through APSRC. Only superintendents or their designees should complete this form.
Frequently Asked Questions Document
Thank you for all the questions you have submitted. APSRC has used those questions to create a Frequently Asked Questions Document. We will continue to update as new questions come in.
Need more info?
Submit your questions by using the button below or call (501) 492-4300.
Additional Helpful Videos
Lincoln Learning Intro Video
Learn more about AR Ready for Digital Learning and how to take advantage of this free resource for schools in Arkansas.
Lincoln Empowered Blended Strategies
Looking for a resource that will help you prepare for blended learning?
Informative Videos for Parents and Students
The following videos describe the student experience of taking a Lincoln Empowered Course based on the grade(s) listed.
Reach the need of individual learners
Reinforce content for students who are struggling
Provide enrichment opportunities who are excelling
Encourage classroom discussion
Engage students using games and interactive learning objects
Support teacher with lesson presentation materials
Incorporate collaborative learning
Encourage student independent study
Provide time for one-on-one teacher support
Personalize homework for individual students
Create flexibility in learning environment
Simplify teacher response process
Deliver through a single source
Weather/Emergency School Closure
Keep students on pace
Maintain student and teacher connection
Continue to provide individualized instruction
Assign content review prior to classroom engagement
Assign students content via Read It or Watch It
Minimize lecture time
AR Ready for Digital Learning K-12 Virtual Course List
This resource provides FREE course content for grades K-12.
AR Empowered Pacing Guides
Take a deeper dive into the course content you are interested in by downloading this spreadsheet. Be sure to click on the tabs at the bottom.
Crosswalk of Lincoln Empowered courses to Arkansas Courses
View this Google Sheet to see which Lincoln Learning courses line up to which Arkansas courses.
Blended StrategiesLooking for a resource that will help you prepare for blended learning? Download this document that includes informative videos on supplemental instruction, whole group, station rotation, flipped classroom, and more.
Buzz System Requirements
Learn more about system requirements for the Buzz Learning Management System (LMS).
Buzz User Manual
Find answers to frequently asked questions about using the Buzz LMS.
Remote Learning Guide for Parents
EdWeek shares valuable tips for parents in this article.
Pop-Up Blocker Resource
Visit this site if you are having issues with your MacBook or iPad Safari browser’s pop-up blocker preventing you from opening Lincoln Learning or Buzz LMS content.
Arkansas Correlation Documents
Lincoln Learning digital course content is aligned to National Standards and they are working to provide correlation documents to Arkansas Standards. We will provide these documents as they become available.
- Math Correlation Documents
- ELA Correlation Documents
- Science Correlation Documents
- Social Studies Correlation Documents
Note: At the bottom of the spreadsheet, you will see the grade level or course name for the report. Each available grade or course appears on a separate tab at the bottom of the spreadsheet. K-2 has not been shared but will be coming soon as will science and social studies.
Important: When you click on the tab, the first correlation is to the National Standard (Common Core in this instance). Directly after the Common Core correlation is the Arkansas Standard correlation. You will need to scroll down below the Common Core correlation to find the Arkansas Standard correlation for each applicable grade/course.