The Arkansas Public School Resource Center, in partnership with CStein, LLC., is available to provide assistance and product development for school districts, educational service cooperatives, and charter schools in the following school facility areas.
Many of you have either worked with Dr. Charles C. Stein or are aware of his vast experience in this area. He currently serves as Vice-Chair for the Advisory Committee for Public School Academic Facilities.
Prior to founding CStein, LLC, Dr. Stein served as the assistant director and then director of the Division of Public School Academic Facilities & Transportation. Dr. Stein also spent 34 years with the Army Corps of Engineers, Little Rock District.
- STRATEGIC PLANNING
- Generic guidance and training on school district Master Plan development and Partnership Program applications to ensure compliance with timelines and program requirements.
- District specific advice on strategies to address district needs for Partnership Program project application submission.
- FACILITY PROGRAM COMPLIANCE
- Review of school district Partnership Program project applications for completeness and compliance with submission requirements.
- Advice regarding planning, design, construction, and maintenance of public school facilities in compliance with statutes and rules.
- Review of Division written determinations to school districts and advice on school district response.
- Advice regarding SchoolDude compliance.
- DEVELOPMENT OF MASTER PLANS AND PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM PROJECT APPLICATIONS
- Development of ten-year enrollment projections.
- Performance of suitability analyses for existing campuses and proposed projects. Develop Programs of Requirement (PORs) as necessary.
- Master Plan development and submission to the State.
- Completion and submission of all requirements for Academic Facilities Partnership Program project applications.
- Maximization of opportunities for Partnership Program state financial participation.
- Representation of the district in Master Plan meetings and coordination with the Division of Public School Academic Facilities and Transportation.
- Participation in school board meetings and other planning and project meetings.
- Completion and timely submission of Academic Facilities Partnership Program Project Agreements and Construction Approval forms for approved and funded Partnership Program projects.
- Representation of the district in Partnership Program project meetings with the Division of Public School Academic Facilities and Transportation.
- Representation of the district in appeal hearings before the Academic Facilities Review Board or the Arkansas Commission for Public School Academic Facilities and Transportation.
4 GENERAL ADVICE ON ISSUES REGARDING SCHOOL PLANNING, DESIGN, CONSTRUCTION, MAINTENANCE, AND CONTRACT PROCUREMENT