State Board of Education approves Robotics 3 and 4 courses/standards, gives permission to send out new rules for public comment
Category: State Board of Education
LITTLE ROCK – The State Board of Education on Thursday signed off on Robotics 3 and 4 courses/standards and also approved sending out new or amended rules for public comment.
Below are the proposed rules that the Arkansas Department of Education will put forth for public comment:
- Rules governing the Arkansas Educational Support and Accountability Act. These rules were promulgated in accordance with Act 930.
- Rules concerning the Standards for Accreditation of Public Schools and School Districts. Per the agenda: “The proposed changes amend the Standards for Accreditation and seek to streamline the process and make it easier to understand the requirements a school/district must follow in order to be accredited.”
- Repeal of rules governing mandatory attendance for students in grades 9-12. Click here to read the repeal.
- Rules governing class size and teaching load. Click here to read the rules.
- Rules governing parental involvement plans and family and community engagement. Click here to read the rules.
- In other business, board members voted to forego reviewing the Charter Authorizing Panel’s decision to remove Rockbridge Montessori School in Little Rock from probationary status.