During its November meeting on Thursday, the Arkansas State Board of Education upheld the Charter Authorizing Panel approvals for the new district conversion charter schools Cave City Middle School Career and Collegiate Preparatory, Batesville Charter High School, Academies at Rivercrest High School, Vilonia Pathways Academy and Driver Virtual Academy.
Arkansas Department of Education (ADE) Deputy Director Dr. Ivy Pfeffer presented an overview of the 2021 Enrollment Report from the Cycle 2 Data. Overall, Arkansas saw an approximate 1.3% enrollment decrease with the biggest decline in Kindergarten. To view the full report reviewed with the board, click here.
In other business:
- The board approved all items on the consent agenda
- The board approved to accept the proof of treatment required to lift Jerri Lynn Odom’s one-year license suspension making her eligible to seek renewal to renew her license.
- The board upheld the PLSB’s recommendation to revoke the license of Katrina Alumbaugh
- The board approved The Hannah School’s request to use the KTEA-3 as their approved assessment for the Succeed Scholarship Program.
- The board granted its final approval for DESE Rules Governing Special Education and Related Services, Sec. 18.00 Residential Placement
- Agenda item II.1 Computer Science Week was not presented during the meeting.
To view the full agenda for the November 12, 2020 meeting, click here.