- This event has passed.
Tier 1 Training – Virtual
July 7, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
A.C.A. §6-20-2204 requires all superintendents and open-enrollment public charter school directors to attend Tier 1 Training each year. The law further stipulates that this annual training also is required of anyone “whose job responsibilities include preparing the budget or overall accounting responsibility” for the district.
APSRC’s finance team offers Tier 1 training to ensure that school districts remain in compliance with state law. Our staff has extensive experience working with charter schools, school districts, administrators, and board members to implement best practices, ensure compliance with state and federal finance requirements, and develop procedures for finance operations.
Guidelines for Virtual Tier I Trainings via Zoom
- Presentation must be done as a live, interactive session and have the ability for participants to ask questions and participate in discussion.
- Question/discussion slides in the presentation will allow time for participants to ask questions or comment via voice or through the Zoom chat feature.
- Participants’ must submit their name, title, district name, and email address in the Zoom registration form. If more than one individual is participating in the Zoom session at a location, this information must be submitted in the chat box for all participants that are present.
- APSRC will submit reports to DESE that indicate how many minutes the participant was active, or show times signed in and out of the Zoom session. Participants are required to attend the entire session to obtain credit.
- DESE will verify the submitted reports and email the presenter back, providing a list of all participants who should receive certificates of completion.
- APSRC will produce and send certificates participants via email.