Tier 1 Training 2023
June 12 @ 10:00 am - November 30 @ 12:00 pm
APSRC will host 11 Tier 1 Training sessions for superintendents, business managers, and other school officials this year. A.C.A. §6-20-2204 requires all superintendents and open-enrollment public charter school directors to attend Tier 1 Training each year. The law further stipulates that this annual training also is required of anyone “whose job responsibilities include preparing the budget or overall accounting responsibility” for the district.
Tier 1 training sessions from June through November will be held virtually via Zoom and onsite at several of the Education Cooperatives. APSRC’s finance team offers Tier 1 training to ensure that school districts remain in compliance with state law. Our staff has extensive experience working with charter schools, school districts, administrators, and board members to implement best practices, ensure compliance with state and federal finance requirements, and develop procedures for finance operations.
Guidelines for Virtual Tier I Training via Zoom
- Presentation must be done as a live, interactive session and have the ability for participants to ask questions and participate in discussion.
- Question/discussion slides in the presentation will allow time for participants to ask questions or comment via voice or through the Zoom chat feature.
- Participants must submit their name, title, district name, and email address in the Zoom registration form. If more than one individual is participating in the Zoom session at a location, this information must be submitted in the chat box for all participants that are present.
- APSRC will submit reports to DESE that indicate how many minutes the participant was active, or show times signed in and out of the Zoom session. Participants are required to attend the entire session to obtain credit.
- DESE will verify the submitted reports and email the presenter back, providing a list of all participants who should receive certificates of completion.
- APSRC will produce and send certificates to participants via email.
To register for one of APSRC’s Tier 1 Training sessions, click the link below.
Schedule of Training Sessions
|Monday, June 12, 2023||OUR Cooperative||9 – 11 AM|
|Monday, June 12, 2023||Northcentral Cooperative Principals – Virtual||1 – 3 PM|
|Thursday, June 15, 2023||ZOOM Session||10 AM – 12 PM|
|Thursday, June 22, 2023||Crowley’s Ridge Superintendents – Fairfield Bay||8 – 10 AM|
|Tuesday, June 27, 2023||Crowley’s Ridge Principals – ASU Alumni Center||8:30 – 10:30 AM|
|Thursday, June 29, 2023||ZOOM Session||10 AM – 12 PM|
|Thursday, July 13, 2023||ZOOM Session||10 AM – 12 PM|
|Thursday, July 20, 2023||Northeast Coop Superintendents – Quality Inn Conf. Center||10 AM – 12 PM|
|Thursday, Aug 31, 2023||ZOOM Session||10 AM – 12 PM|
|Thursday, Sept 28, 2023||ZOOM Session||10 AM – 12 PM|
|Thursday, Nov 30, 2023||ZOOM Session||10 AM – 12 PM|