- This event has passed.
Summer PD: Open Up Resources 6-8 Math (Two-day Training)
July 18, 2018 - July 19, 2018Free
Are you looking for a new curriculum that meets the rigorous demands of our state standards and supports the Arkansas Department of Education’s vision to lead the nation in student-focused education? This training will introduce you to a NEW, FREE curriculum called Open Up Resources 6-8 Math.
(Summit pilot schools, please note: Open Up Resources can be uploaded onto the Summit platform!)
This curriculum provides
- Vertical alignment information (K-HS) and differentiation strategies in the easy-to-follow teacher notes.
- Student-friendly learning targets at the beginning and end of each lesson to encourage students to take ownership in their own learning.
- Diagnostic and End-of-Unit Assessments, as well as Mid-Unit assessments for longer units.
- Built-in support for English Learners and Students with Disabilities within each unit, rather than providing in supplemental materials.
The initial two-day training is an opportunity to learn all the curriculum has to offer and the instructional strategies paired with it:
- Day 1: A Focus on the Resource – A Look at the Curriculum and its Coherence
- Day 2: A Focus on Pedagogy – Implementing the Curriculum
- Day 3: Will be scheduled as a classroom observation, followed by a 1:1 reflection/ meeting
- Additional follow up support will be customized for each school/teacher based on your expressed needs for your students. Participants will register for follow-up support separately.
This curriculum offered by Open Up Resources is funded by a grant from the Gates Foundation. Curriculum for Algebra 1, Geometry and Algebra 2 are being piloted FY19 and will be available FY20. Open Up Resources plans to provide K-Algebra 2 vertically aligned curriculum in the near future.
Time & Date: 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., July 18-19, 2018 (Lunch is on your own.)
Location: UALR Campus (building and room TBD)
Presenter: Sandra Leiterman, ADE Math Specialist, UALR STEM Education Center