We make sure you have opportunities to participate in trainings mandated by state law
In accordance with our mission statement, the APSRC Finance Services Department provides the following training: Business Manager Training, CFAM Training, School Board Training, and Tier Training. For questions or to schedule any of the training offered below, contact Ken Rich (501-492-4300). Over the next year, we will start offering online make-up trainings for those unable to attend in person.
Business Manager Training
The APSRC Finance Department offers a wide array of training for business managers, bookkeepers, and finance office staff. Our team members have extensive experience with APSCN eFinance, cycle reports, payroll procedures, accounts payable, end-of-year procedures, and more.
CFAM Training – Comprehensive Financial Analysis Model
APSRC offers individualized or group training for users of the CFAM financial analysis software. Training sessions can be customized for each event or user. CFAM training will include, but not be limited to, how to: use search filters, create custom reports, schedule reports for delivery by email, analyze financial data, make comparison reports using other Arkansas districts, and use your financial data to present your story to all stakeholders.
School Board Training
APSRC is approved by the Arkansas Department of Education and provides training for school board members as required by A.C.A. § 6-13-629.
School Board Training Requirements:
- 4.01 A member of a local school district board of directors who has served on the board of directors for twelve (12) or more consecutive months shall obtain no less than six (6) hours of training and instruction by December 31 of each calendar year.
- 4.02 A member of a school district board of directors elected for an initial or non-continuous term shall obtain no less than nine (9) hours of training and instruction by December 31 of the calendar year following the year in which the member is elected.
- 4.02.1 The training or instruction under Section 4.02 of this Rule shall be accomplished within the first fifteen (15) months of service on the board of directors.
- 4.03 Hours of training and instruction obtained in excess of the minimum requirements each year may accumulate and be carried forward through December 31 of the third calendar year following the year in which the hours were obtained.
APSRC is an approved Tier 1 training provider. Contact Ken Rich (501-492-4300) to schedule the initial or annual 2-hour Tier I update training for superintendents and business managers that are required by A.C.A. § 6-20-2204.
Tier 1 Training Requirements:
A minimum of two (2) persons per LEA are required to attend an Initial and an Annual Tier I Training. The two persons shall include:
- The district superintendent or the education service cooperative director or the open enrollment charter school director; and
- A person whose job responsibilities include preparing the budget or overall accounting responsibility.
APSRC also provides Tier 2 Training for district employees who are involved in the process of recording and/or reporting school or district financial transactions.