CFAM: Comprehensive Financial Analysis Model
The CFAM system is a powerful and convenient online software program designed to give school districts a quick, easy, and convenient method for analyzing their district’s financial data.
CFAM is customized for Arkansas school districts and offers the following features:
- Analyze the current school year information (revenue, expenditures, debt, etc.) plus the previous four school years
- Filters allow users to drill down into the information. Users can filter revenue and expenses by fund, source-of-fund, function, location, program, or object
- Easy-to-read financial worksheets are included and ready for use
- Develop customized worksheets specific to your district that can be saved for future reference. Schedule the worksheet to be emailed to you by the system on a regular basis (daily, weekly, or monthly)
- Views can be shared with other licensed users
- Data is updated monthly as data becomes available
- Monitor required expenditure levels for Gifted and Talented, 9% M&O, MOE, and SpEd MOE. Additional required expenditure reports are regularly being developed
- Compare dollars per student expenditures for any budget unit to the statewide average
- Compare expenditures against those of other districts
- Plan for the future – budget, predict, and observe trends
- Identify potential budget or accounting problems/issues
- No software to install. Access the online system with any browser on any device, on or off campus
- One-stop shop for all district financial data
Upcoming CFAM Training
Drop in on the first and third Monday of each month (no session during Spring Break week) for an informal CFAM training session via Zoom. APSRC staff will cover basic use, software updates or changes, and how to use specific worksheets in CFAM; CFAM users will have the opportunity to ask questions and get individual assistance on any aspect of CFAM use; and participants will learn how to use CFAM in their daily work.
Want daily updated financial information?
CFAM_Daily combines the power of CFAM with daily updates of district-specific transaction level data. Learn more.
Get Started With CFAM
A partnership with DESE has enabled all Arkansas districts and charter schools access to up to 20 CFAM logins for the 2023-2025 school years.
Superintendents have access to district specific Google Sheets where point-of-contact users can be assigned, and district users’ notated for receiving accounts: bit.ly/3q0u2Gu.
All licensed users are required to be active employees of the district and registered using their school email address.
A cognos report is available to show the StateIDs required. eFinance Cognos path: Team Content > Financial Management System > Share Temporarily Between Districts > CFAM > APSRC CFAM User Data Report
For questions or technical assistance, please email email@example.com or call (501) 492-4300.