- Set EBD upload date
- Finish all the regular month HR stuff
- ATRS monthly
- ATRS quarterly
- State quarterly wage report
- 941 but don’t mail it yet
- 1099 processing (can stop after the work file is created)
- Clear 1099 year to date vendor file
- W2 create work file
- Balance w2’s (if you have a problem you may need to adjust your 941)
- Do calendar year-end process
- Close period 6
- Print and distribute 1099’s and W2’s before 1/31
- Finalize 941 and mail it before 1/31
- Transmit electronic files to social security and 1099 to IRS
- Transmit state taxes
- Do state income tax reconciliation report
- Later – ACA
The U.S. Department of Education’s recently updated the EESER Frequently Asked Questions document. The May 2021 updated FAQ document can be accessed by clicking here.
Act 1599 of 2001 and Act 1381 of 2005 generally prohibit school board members and school employees from contracting with the school district in which they serve. The laws do provide for exceptions in unusual and limited circumstances.
Annually, board members, administrators, and employees should read the notification form, list conflicts or potential conflicts, and sign the disclosure form. Click here to access the Arkansas Department of Education’s sample notification letter, contract disclosure form, and school board resolution. If you have questions or need assistance with any aspect of a board member or school employee ethics laws, please contact APSRC finance or legal staff for additional information.