Welcome to Session 2 of APSRC’s 2020 Charter School Board Training. This session includes:
- Effective Governance: Going from Good to Great by Jill Shahen, Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Empire Charter Consultants
- Academics, Assessments, and Accountability: How to Keep the Focus on Student Success by Melody Morgan, APSRC Director of Educational Assessment, Accountability, Curriculum and Instruction
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and Waivers by Tripp Walter, APSRC Staff Attorney
- Immunization Laws in Arkansas by Robert Brech, APSRC Director of Legal Services
- Educational Adequacy and Adequacy Recommendations by Ken Rich, Director of Finance Services
Click here for a brief introduction from APSRC Executive Director Scott Smith.
This course consists of 5 lessons. You must complete all five lessons in order to receive credit.
Note: only the FOIA and Waivers, and the Educational Adequacy and Adequacy Recommendations lessons will have quiz questions at the end. All lessons are timed to ensure that you watch the videos completely. If you log out at any time during the lesson, the timer resets and you will have to begin the lesson again.
Once you have completed the course, you will be brought to a page listing your courses. Towards the top of the page will be a link that reads “Print My Certificate.” You can click on this link and either print a hard copy on your home printer or save it as a PDF or JPG image to your computer. Be sure to provide a copy of your certificate to your superintendent to ensure your hours are formally documented.